How do we Get Information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made a complaint or enquiry to us.
- You have made an information request to us.
- You wish to attend, or have attended, an event.
- You subscribe to one or more of our newsletters.
- You have applied for a job or secondment with us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
- You have made a request for a review of a complaint you have made to Humberside Police.
- A complainant refers to you in their complaint correspondence.
- From other public authorities, regulators or law enforcement bodies.
- Where you have made your contact information available on your organisation's website and we use this to contact you and your organisation in our official capacity.
- An employee of ours gives your contact details as an emergency contact or a referee.
- A partner agency passes your personal information to us in order to fulfil one of our statutory duties.
If it is not disproportionate or prejudical, we’ll contact you to let you know we are processing your personal information.
Back to main menu