Skip to content
Main content is below

Support for women and girls

Here you will find links to some of the organisations who can help you if you've been affected by violence or abuse. It could be violence, sexual, financial or coercive control. 

If you are affected by any kind of abuse from a partner or family member, visit for advice and more details of local services.

Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (Clare's Law)

This scheme enables the police to release information about any previous history of violence or abuse a person might have. You can:

  • apply for information about your current or ex-partner because you're worried they may have a history of abuse and are a risk to you.
  • request information about the current or ex-partner of a friend or relative because you're worried they might be at risk. 

Click here to make an application