More Grants Awarded from PCC Community Safety Fund
The Community Safety Fund launched by Police and Crime Commissioner Jonathan Evison in 2022 has awarded its second round of grants for community projects totalling over £300,000. Almost £700,000 has now been awarded to 50 projects since the fund opened.
A variety of projects in the latest round, which are based right across the Humber region, include:
- CCTV and security improvements to community assets.
- Support for victims of Domestic Abuse, Modern Slavery and Sexual Violence.
- Diversionary activities for young people through a number of sport and non-sport programmes.
- Support for Armed Forces veterans in the Criminal Justice System.
- Education and support for women from minority backgrounds who are affected by domestic abuse.
Click here to view a list of the successful projects in Round Two. The third round of applications is currently open and closes on 14th June 2023.
Police and Crime Commissioner Jonathan Evison said: “We have had another excellent response to our funding programme with more outstanding project ideas coming forward. I’m very pleased that this fund is helping communities to cut crime and anti-social behaviour, make our neighbourhoods safer and protect people affected by abuse and violence.”
Click here for more information on the Community Safety Fund
Posted on Wednesday 22nd March 2023