Skip to content
Main content is below

Something to Report?


The Police and other Community Safety Partners work hard to keep you safe and deal with neighbourhood issues. In order to do this they need to know what issues are taking place in communities and this comes from you and your neighbours.

Sadly many people don’t report issues for a number of reasons, such as leaving it to others to report, frustration at a perceived lack of action or due to previous difficulty/time taken to call the police and other agencies in the past.

But did you know that there are a range of online channels for reporting: crime, anti-social behaviour, information about those involved in crime and other community issues - which may be quicker and easier for you?

Below is some guidance around online reporting channels for the police and other agencies.

Online reporting to the Police

  • A non-emergency crime is a crime that does not require an emergency response such as reporting burglary of non-domestic or commercial premises e.g. sheds and outbuildings, theft, criminal damage or theft from/damage to vehicles.
  • Report them online here 
    • You can report a collision online when it has occurred in the Humberside Police area. The collision needs to have occurred on a road or in a public place where there was damage to another person’s property. You can report a collision online here 
    • Rural Crime - See It, Recognise It, Report It! - It is not always easy to distinguish between legal and illegal activity. For information on the types of rural crime, how to identify it and what information to collect when reporting CLICK HERE
  • Hate crimes / Hate incidents can take place anywhere – at home, in the streets, at work, online or at school. No-one should have to live with the fear, anxiety and consequences of hate. Reporting it when it happens will help authorities deal with it and may prevent these incidents from happening to someone else. You will also help us understand the extent of hate crime in your local area so we can better respond to it.
    Report it to Humberside Police online here
    Report it anonymously to True Vision here 

Online reporting of those involved in crime - Crimestoppers

Crimestoppers are an independent charity who allow members of the public to anonymously report people involved in criminality in their neighbourhood. The information is then passed onto authorities to support them in tackling criminality and bring offenders to justice. You can call the charity on 0800 555 111 or report incidents online here 

Online reporting of fraud or scams - Action Fraud

Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for Fraud and Cyber Crime where you should report fraud if you have been scammed, defrauded or experienced cyber crime. You can report and get advice about fraud or cyber crime by calling Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or report an incident online here
In addition you can report attempted fraud or scams here

Online reporting of untaxed vehicles – DVLA

If you see an untaxed vehicle on a public road, you can report it. Your report is anonymous and will be investigated. You can check if vehicles are taxed and then report them if they are untaxed online here

Online requests to Humberside Fire and Rescue Service

Humberside Fire and Rescue Service offer Safe and Well visits that are tailored to an individual’s needs, relating to their health and lifestyle choices. This is primarily for vulnerable people but you can request a visit online here

In an emergency call 999 and for non-urgent fire issues call 0300 303 8242. Alternatively you can send a Text/WhatsApp message to the Arson Alert Text Line 07940 737141 with anonymous information about deliberate fires being started in their neighborhood. 

Calling Humberside Police

In an emergency, where a crime is in progress or you, or someone else is in danger, you should always dial 999.

For non-emergency matters you should dial 101.

Reporting of anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour includes:

  • Misuse of public space - groups of people congregating in green spaces designed for recreation such as parks and sports fields. These groups could be drinking alcohol, dropping litter and dangerous items such as broken bottles.
  • Intimidation and harassment - verbal abuse, actual violence and threats of violence
  • Noise nuisance - loud music, televisions or dogs barking

Hull - You can report an incident by calling Hull City Council on 01482 300300 or report incidents online here

East Riding - You can report an incident online here 

North Lincolnshire – You can report an incident by calling North Lincolnshire Council on 01724 297000 or visit the website here

North East Lincolnshire – you can report an incident by calling North East Lincolnshire Council on 01472 313131 or online here

Online reporting of Environmental Crime

Fly tipping is an environmental crime and is treated very seriously and those responsible will be pursued where evidence is available to identify and locate those responsible.

If you find fly-tipped waste:

  • don’t touch the waste, it may contain syringes, chemicals or other hazardous substances;
  • don’t disturb the site as it may contain evidence to help us identify those responsible  

Hull - Report online here

East RidingReport online here

North LincolnshireReport online here

North East LincolnshireReport online here